L-Lysine is an essential amino acid, often short in forage-based diets, which is an essential amino acid crucial to build muscle, top-line, and produce a strong bone matrix, tendons, skin and cartilage. It is also required for the production of Keratin (hoof and coat) and supports a healthy immune and nervous system.
Benefits of feeding include:
- Improves protein availability
- Balance a lysine deficient diet
- Help build topline / muscle mass
- Aid collagen formation
- For horses lacking stamina
- Improve hoof growth and hair quality
- Supports a healthy immune system, nervous system and overall good health
Lysine, when combined with Methionine, forms Carnitine, a compound needed for a healthy fat-burning metabolism. Available for purchase as a Bundle.
Instructions for Use:
Recommended feeding rate (in absence of forage analysis / feed plan):
- Youngsters: 8g daily,
- Adult Maintenance: 10 – 15g daily
- Adult Performance: 15 – 20g daily
3 x 5 ml scoops = approximately 10g